Nutrition Menu of Services
Medical Nutrition Therapy – based on individual health concerns, instructions can be given in:
- Anti-inflammatory Diets: Inflammation in the body has been linked to a number of diseases including cancer, heart disease, diabetes, autoimmune disease, and dementia. Working with Sandy, we can choose from a number of anti-inflammatory diets and customize a plan that will work for you.
- Food Elimination Diet: Have you been experiencing symptoms of inflammatory disease such as runny nose, mucus, scratchy throat, itchy skin, hives, digestive issues or brain fog? An inflammatory food elimination diet can help you pinpoint any foods that may be causing your symptoms.
- Gluten/Dairy Free Diet: This diet is for anyone diagnosed with a specific disease that may be improved by the removal of gluten and/or dairy such as thyroid disease, gallbladder disease, acid reflux, celiac and gluten sensitivity.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): If you have been diagnosed with fructose or lactose intolerance or irritable bowel syndrome, the Dietitian invites you to try a two-week elimination diet that can zone in on carbohydrate containing foods and amounts that may be causing the issue.
- Diabetes or pre-diabetes: If your blood sugar numbers have been trending up or reached a classification of pre-diabetes or diabetes, the dietitian can work with you to count carbohydrates and adopt a healthy diet to improve your blood sugar numbers.
- Other medical conditions: High cholesterol, hypertension or other diseases related to metabolic syndrome, osteopenia or osteoporosis and many other diseases can be improved with attention to the diet.
- Review of current supplements: Adding supplements to your diet, but unsure if you are purchasing the best brands or if you really need a certain supplement? The dietitian can help give suggestions or guidance.
Mindful and Intuitive Eating
Are you tired of dieting and bound to diet rules and guidelines? Rediscover how to reclaim your intuitive eater – the way you were born to eat. Realign your body, mind and spirit by listening to your own body cues. This is a process that begins by using a hunger scale and learning to assess your hunger and satiety.
Group Presentations: Need a group luncheon presentation? Our dietitian offers nutrition presentations for small groups. Contact Sandy for information on nutritional presentation topics she has available and any associated fees.
As part of National Nutrition Month, Sandy created five videos with the following topics: hydration, carbohydrates, proteins, fats and food synergy.
Sandy Holterhaus, Registered Dietitian
Onsite Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Sandy Holterhaus, RDN, LD, specializes in adult weight management and disease prevention by promoting a moderate and varied dietary intake and the inclusion of regular exercise. Schedule an appointment with Sandy for a nutritional assessment, meal planning, medical nutrition therapy and accountability.
- Members 45-minute appointment: $16.
- Eligible non-members 45-minute appointment: $32
- Members 15-minute accountability appointment: $4.
- Eligible Non-members 15-minute accountability appointment: $8
- Record what you eat.
- Remove foods that keep you stuck and bring about cravings.
- Crowd out less healthful foods with healthy fiber rich ones.
- Practice eating slowly and mindfully.
- Offer gratitude for the food that you partake in.