Did you know that sudden cardiac arrest is the one of the leading causes of death in the United States? February is Heart Health Month and the Rec Center is offering CPR classes to our members. CPR is easy to learn, and is taught to tens of thousands of people each year. Here are five great reasons to get your CPR training now:
- CPR saves lives. More than 300,000 people have cardiac arrests in the United States every year. By performing CPR, you are able to help the person’s blood keep circulating until an ambulance arrives and more advanced tools can be used.
- CPR is not performed enough. National statistics have shown that only 15 to 30 percent of people who experience sudden cardiac arrests outside of hospitals receive bystander CPR.
- You don’t have to do mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. In 2010 the guidelines for performing CPR were changed. Hands-only CPR has been shown to be just as effective for many adults who experience sudden cardiac arrest.
- More than 85 percent of cardiac arrests take place at home. So take the challenge. If you don’t know CPR, learn CPR and gain the confidence in knowing that if you are ever needed, you too can save a life!
- Hands-only CPR is easy to learn and we will be offering the classes at the Rec Center.
Classes will be offered:
- Wednesday, Feb. 6: 9:15-11:15am
- Friday, Feb. 8: 12-2:00pm
- Wednesday, Feb. 20: 9:15-11:15am
- Thursday, Feb. 21: 4:30-6:30pm
- Friday, Feb. 22: 12-2:00pm
- Saturday, Feb. 23: 9-11:00am