- to raise awareness about pancreatic cancer and the purple ribbon;
- to provide and enhance local support for pancreatic cancer families;
- to find early detection tools;
- to increase survival rates;
- and to ultimately find a cure.
Michael “Faj” Oglesby was a Rockwell Collins employee for 30 years and regularly worked out at the Rec Center. Sadly, Mike succumbed to pancreatic cancer earlier this year at the age of 52. Mike’s family has since created the Michael W. Oglesby Foundation (MWOF). MWOF’s mission is:
MWOF is hosting the inaugural Faj Squad 5K Run/Walk and Mile Fun Run in Dubuque, IA on Saturday, July 2nd at 9am. There will be post-race fundraising activities including food, drinks, music, and a silent auction. Click here to register for the event, volunteer or donate and get race information and updates on Facebook.